We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

When TextNode Name has "_"

when Textnode name "_" the Drag and Drop functionality of diagram gets hanged

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 15, 2008 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce this issue. Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the below link:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Web/6.1.0.34/F71821/main.htm

Please
have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

MI michael iacoviello November 26, 2009 03:15 AM UTC

Hi, this actually is a problem.

I had the same issue. The root of the problem is that the custom data property is not actually saved with the node.. Although the documentation says you can use this for custom data, it is not saved which renders this property useles. Ive asked for it to be included in the serialization of the diagram but was declined. And I'm assuming this may be why you are using special characters in the name.

I ended up debugging the source code instead of waiting for answers to my problems and discovered that when the client side posts back to the server side it uses the name property to pass additional information back to the server. This is very annoying since they are actually modifying what you put in that property and then stripping it out. The way they separate your name from their data is by using a "_" in the name.

So... if you use a "_" in the name, you actuall break the logic in the diagram.

Hope this helps explain the problem, and it is an issue whether they claim it can be reproduced or not.

DM Dinesh M Syncfusion Team November 26, 2009 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you be more specific with what you mean by "Custom Data", are you mentioning about the tag property of the node which hasn't been serialized in diagram web. For your information, we are currently in process of allowing tag to be serialized when it is of type string and this changes might be reflected in our upcoming major release.

We will analyze the "_" being used in our name property of the node and provide you further details in two business days.

Regards,
Dinesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon