We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl : ListBoxSelectionMode = One

I have following problem with GridControl :

if I set the property

myGridControl.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.One ;

I cannot select a column anymore and therefore i cannot move columns anymore ?

I need the situation where columns can be moved , but when the user clicks a cell the whole row is selected ?

4 Replies

SR SubhaSheela R Syncfusion Team February 15, 2008 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Gert,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am not able to reproduce the issue of dragging column header while ListBoxSelectionMode property is set. You can set the ControllerOptions property of Grid Control to DragColumnHeader, so that you can drag the column header when ListBoxSelectionMode property is set to One. Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the issue, so that I could provide you the exact solution. Or please send us your sample with issue, we will analyze it and provide you the details. Below is the code snippet:

this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader;

Please refer the sample available in the link below and let me know if it helps:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/F71812/main.htm

Regards,
Subhasheela R

GE Gert February 20, 2008 08:24 AM UTC

thx Subhasheela for the quick reply.

I have tried it and indeed I can move columnheaders now . BUT except the columnheaders , the grid became readonly. I cannot select any cell or row anymore.

I have the same problem with supplied exemple. I can move columnheaders but the rest of the grid is readonly.

I use version 4.4.0.51\2.0

>Hi Gert,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am not able to reproduce the issue of dragging column header while ListBoxSelectionMode property is set. You can set the ControllerOptions property of Grid Control to DragColumnHeader, so that you can drag the column header when ListBoxSelectionMode property is set to One. Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the issue, so that I could provide you the exact solution. Or please send us your sample with issue, we will analyze it and provide you the details. Below is the code snippet:

this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader;

Please refer the sample available in the link below and let me know if it helps:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/F71812/main.htm

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2008 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Gert,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We suspect the issue, "Program hangs after setting DragColumnHeader property of GridControl" to be a defect. We have reported this to our developers and we will update you once we get back from them.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Subhasheela R

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 1, 2008 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Gert,

The issue can be solved by using the following code snippets:

this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions |= GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader;

This will add GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader options to the existing ControllerOptions.

Kindly let me know if you ahve any questions.

Thanks,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon