We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Styling Docking Manager Splitters

I am working on styling a XAML application which utilizes the Syncfusion Docking manager - is it possible to style the splitters between each panel - i.e. the thin dividers that allow you to change the width of each panel. If so, could you post an example?

Thanks
Ross

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 13, 2008 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Ross,

Syncfusion DockingManager allows you to customize the Dock Splitter with the help of Splitter Template re-writing logic. Next version of the Essential Studio WPF have the ability to change the splitter color and size through properties. Here is the code snippet for Splitter template.

You could apply this style in resources section of the ascendent node of DockingManager.

For instance :

... Code Here ...

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Asem.

RW Ross Williamson February 15, 2008 02:45 PM UTC

Thanks Asem.

The other problem I've got is that each panel seems to inherit a 1 pixel border from the parent template, even though I have stated BorderThickness="0" in my resource dictionary. I used Snoop to find out which element was producing the border, and it said there was a "BorderWrap" on the DockedElementTabbedHost. I've attached a screenshot of the border in question, and the Snoop output. Do you know how to get rid of the border?

border.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2008 02:42 PM UTC

Hi Corpmod,

Without border for dock windows in docking manager is not a best practice. That's why docking manager hosted element contain border with border thickness value of 1. However essential studio docking manager have flexibility to design whatever you want with the help of template re-writing. Please use the attached template for your requirement and let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Product/uploads/dock_element_host_template_cc14dcf8.txt

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

SS Sergey Salnikov March 17, 2016 06:43 AM UTC

Hi.
I encountered the same thing as Ross - I can not change this border in the container of hosted element. In fact I do not need to remove it, I just want to change the color. Unfortunately, the link from the previous post is not working and I can not download the template. Could you please put it back?
In general, I think, it would be good if the thickness and brush of the border could be set via style of DockedElementTabbedHost (which can be set by DockingManager.DockedElementTabbedHostStyle).

Regards,
Sergey.

P.S. The Remarks section of the description of DockedElementTabbedHost class, says: "You can use DockedElementTabbedHost class when you need to show tabs in the element. When there is no need to show tabs in the element you have to use DockedElementTabbedHost class." Maybe my english is too weak for I could understand this sentence, but it seems a bit ridiculous for me.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team March 21, 2016 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your update,

Query#1: It would be good if the thickness and brush of the border could be set via style of DockedElementTabbedHost.

We have prepared a sample that tries to meet your requirement. In our sample, we have changed the BorderThickness and BorderBrush for the border in the container of hosted element using DockedElementTabbedHostStyle. Please download the sample from the attachment:

Query#2: The Remarks section of the description of DockedElementTabbedHost class, says: "You can use DockedElementTabbedHost class when you need to show tabs in the element. When there is no need to show tabs in the element you have to use DockedElementTabbedHost class."

DockedElementTabbedHost can be used in both scenarios. Internal TabControl will be created when it is required to show tabs and will be hidden when it is not required to show tabs.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Attachment: DockingManager_71729_b5052db5.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon