We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Event for group drop area changed

I want to persist the last GGC configuration every time some one drags a column header or removes a column header from the group drop area. Could you please tell me the event i could subscribe to ???? Does GroupDropArea exposes one such event?

gridGroupingControl.TableControl.GroupDropArea. += OnMyFunction();

Thanks

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team February 11, 2008 09:05 PM UTC

Hi John,

GroupedColumns.Changing/GroupedColumns.Changed events fire when a group is added/removed from the GroupDropArea. You can make use of this event.

private void GroupedColumns_Changing(object sender, Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
{
SortColumnDescriptor scd = e.Item as SortColumnDescriptor;

if(e.Action == Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedType.Insert)
Console.WriteLine("Column Added - {0}", scd.Name);

if(e.Action == Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedType.Remove)
Console.WriteLine("Column Removed - {0}", scd.Name);
}

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Haneef

JR John Ruiz February 12, 2008 01:20 AM UTC

>Hi John,

GroupedColumns.Changing/GroupedColumns.Changed events fire when a group is added/removed from the GroupDropArea. You can make use of this event.

private void GroupedColumns_Changing(object sender, Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
{
SortColumnDescriptor scd = e.Item as SortColumnDescriptor;

if(e.Action == Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedType.Insert)
Console.WriteLine("Column Added - {0}", scd.Name);

if(e.Action == Syncfusion.Collections.ListPropertyChangedType.Remove)
Console.WriteLine("Column Removed - {0}", scd.Name);
}

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Thanks.
Though your product is rock solid and so is your support. I'd really like you guys doing some usability study on the APIs libraries. I don't have any major problems just that
gridGroupingControl has TableDescriptor, TableModel, TableOptions, TableControl and quite a lot of functionality is intermixed

For this problem of mine I was looking at gridGroupingControl.TableControl.GroupDropArea as it makes the most sense to have the events published here and not under gridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changed

My 2 cents, please keep up with the good product.

Cheers

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 12, 2008 08:04 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon