We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Diagram in WPF/XAML

I see that many of your products are moving to WPF. Are you willing to share your plans to move EssentialDiagram to WPF using XAML as the diagram 'file format'.

11 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team February 10, 2008 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

I have requested the Diagram changes and plans for WPF from our Developers and I will update you tomorrow with more details.

Regards,
Nanda

NA Naboki February 19, 2008 04:19 PM UTC

Any answer?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2008 04:14 AM UTC

Hi Naboki,

Yes. WPF Diagram product implementation has been started. This might be available in the middle of this year. For your information WPF Grid also available with that release.

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

JA Jason April 8, 2008 07:24 PM UTC

Will there be a migration path for the current edd format to XAML? I want to be sure that as I start development today with the current version of Essential Diagram that I'll be able to convert everything easily when the WPF version comes? Also, is there a beta version we could test?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2008 10:16 AM UTC

Hi Jason,

As you know Framework 3.5 is totally different then Framework 2.0. You could not convert Windows Forms applications into WPF applications easily. Because there is lot of API changes and also Microsoft released new declarative program model (XAML) for WPF. When WPF Diagram is available for beta(Might be around August 2008), you can see lot of advanced features will be available then compare Windows Essential Diagram.

From the following forum, you can get idea about how hard to convert windows forms application into WPF application
http://windowsclient.net/blogs/faqs/archive/2006/07/06/will-you-provide-a-tool-to-convert-windows-forms-applications-to-wpf-applications.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

AI Apolon Ivankovic April 23, 2008 01:39 AM UTC

Asem,

It's good to hear that Essential Diagram for WPF is in your plans. Is there any chance that such a product supports both Silverlight and WPF? (from a superset API perspective)

My argument for this is that:
a) WPF is mostly a super-set of Silverlight, so it is possible to have a product who's source code is structured to support both.
b) It greatly increases your developer audience i.e. allows for both desktop and web applications.
c) Setting this dual support structure in place early sets the scene as Silverlight and WPF increases in popularity and functionality.

In fact, a dual Silverlight/WPF support strategy would be a significant differentiating factor for all of your component products in the market place. It would be non-trivial to achieve, but I believe that's what developers will want in the near future.

Apolon.

VM Venugopal M Syncfusion Team April 30, 2008 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Apolon,

Compatibility will be a priority in future releases. Since Silverlight is a subset of WPF you can expect that some innovation in the future. The design goals of Silverlight are meant to provide the maximum of functionality for the smallest download cost. Because of this design goal,No WPF controls are support directly. But we are working on the analysing about innovative outcome for this.

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Venugopal.

LS LHOPITAL Sébastien July 18, 2008 07:16 AM UTC

We are really interested by your WPF Diagram component for a new WPF application we have currently under development. Are you still planning to have a beta version available sometimes next month?

Thanks,
Sebastien

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team July 21, 2008 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you so much for your interests in Syncfusion products.

We are glad to inform you that the Diagram WPF(Beta) will be available as a part of August refresh release, which is scheduled in the second week of August.

The complete version of Diagram WPF will be available in our Volume 4 release.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2008 12:49 AM UTC

Any update of when we will be able to see the beta?

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 27, 2008 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion components.

Can you please try the below setup with which Diagram WPF - Preview Beta is available?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=75132

Please try this and let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon