We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

circular reference after loading grid data

I am using the SetCellInfo method to load a grid control. I call BeginUpdate(), load some data, then call EndUpdate() and gridControl1.Refresh(); After I'm done, some of the cells display a "circular reference" error message. However, I looked for any such circular references, and I cannot find them. Furthermore, I can simply edit the cell directly, and type in the *same* formula that was already in that cell, and the error goes away? Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks, s.s.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2003 07:57 AM UTC

I think version 1.6.1.6 (a private build) will take care of this problem. If you are not using an eval version, you can submit a Direct Trac support incident requesting a download link for this build. If you are using an eval verion, you would have to wait for the next public build which I do not have a date for.

SS Steve S. September 16, 2003 07:02 PM UTC

Clay- I obtained version 1.6.1.6 (Thank-you!!!!), and it has *mostly* corrected the problem. By that I mean that with the later build, fewer cells display the 'circular reference' message, and now the message goes away just from clicking into an affected cell. Also, I notice that the message only seems to appear in cells that are not in the initial, opening view of the grid, *and* only when I scroll to them using a page-right or page-down type of scrolling (i.e., manipulating the scrollbar so that multiple rows/columns are moved, versus moving 1 row/column at a time. However, I would like to eliminate ALL of these messages, and I am wondering if you can suggest a work around. I tried doing a couple of extra refreshes after I was finished populating the grid, but that didn't work. Perhaps there is some other function, or some event related to scrolling, which I could use to eliminate this problem. Thank-you very much, Steve.

SS Steve S. September 17, 2003 01:49 PM UTC

Clay- Just wondering if you had any additional thoughts on the above message(s).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 17, 2003 05:55 PM UTC

Can you post a sample project showing this problem, or submit a Direct Trac support incident with a sample showing the problem?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon