We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Row level validation for GridDataBoundGrid

Hi,
I am doing validation using RowLeave event of a GridDataBoundGrid. I also have a Save button outside of the grid. I found that when I click the Save button, the RowLeave event gets fired but the Save button's Click event is never fired. Please help with this row level validation or let me know if I should do validation using another event.

6 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 6, 2008 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue you mentioned here. Please find the sample in the following link that illustrates this:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/71532/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

KE Kevin February 6, 2008 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Fathima,

Thanks for you reply. I can actually easily reproduce this problem using your sample. Just enter x in any row, and click the button. The RowLeave is executed, but the button's code was never touched. If you set a break point, it is very obvious. You need to click the button the second time for it to be executed. Please take a look. My goal is to click the button just once.

Thanks,
Kevin

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 7, 2008 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your update.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue mentioned here. Please find the videoclip that illustrates this:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/41272/main.htm

I tested this with our latest version v6.1.0.34. Could you please let me know the version that you are using?

If am missing anything, could you please let me know so that I could sort out the cause of issue and provide you a better solution?

Regards,
Fathima.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 7, 2008 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the incorrect link provided. Please find the correct link given below:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F71532_Video/VideoClip.zip

Regards,
Fathima

KE Kevin February 8, 2008 07:37 PM UTC

Fathima,
We are using only 4.2 I guess that's why we see different things. Any suggestion for this version?

By the way, for the same grid, if the column width is too large, the grid.Model.ColWidths[ColName] = Width does not really set the column width for the first time. It works from the second time on. I tried to use Refresh, and BeginUpdate/EndUpdate, but it's not working. Please advise if possible. If you need me to post another question, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team February 9, 2008 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your update.

1) RowLeave event is called when button is clicked:

I am afraid that still I was not able to reproduce the issue in 4.2 also. Could you please send me a simple sample and reproducing steps, so that I can sort out the
cause of issue and provide you a better solution?

2) To set the column size programmatically we need to set AllowResizeToFit to false. Please refer the following code snippets:

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.AllowResizeToFit = false;
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColWidths["Col1"] = 100;

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon