We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Opening an existing PDF document for reading

I cannot find the API to open a PDF document. I looked into the PDFDocument class, and there is no method to open an existing file, and there is only an empty constructor.

Is it possible to open an existing document for reading?

3 Replies

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team February 4, 2008 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I regret you let you know that with our latest version Essential studio 2008 volume1, you cannot open the existing document. But using the Syncfusion,pdf.legacy.base.dll you can open an existing document. The new version of Essential PDF(Syncfusion.pdf.base) has been designed for ease of use and performance but will lack some features available in the old version. We have already logged a feature request on this. We will get back to you once the feature has been implemented.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

MA Mark March 17, 2008 03:40 AM UTC

+1 Vote for this. While you can use the legacy dll to open an existing PDF, that defeats the purpose of having all the new stuff available, unless you can open in the legacy and then pass the document somehow to the v6 libraries.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2008 08:19 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your update.

Opening an existing PDF document for Reading:

This feature will be available in our next release, it's in under development.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon