We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multi Selection Drop Down

Hi,

I am using multi-selection drop-down in my application for displaying the name of the employees. My objective is to send e-mail by selecting the name(s). for this i bind the value like this

DataTextField - Employee Name
DataValueField - EmployeeID.

now on selecting the employee name their id is displaying in the box insted of their name.

My requirement is to display the name in the box and on a button event i want to get the corresponding id's of the employees.

(same as in the generic ASP.NET drop-down control).

3 Replies

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 31, 2008 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

Issue : Display the name in the box and on a button event i want to get the corresponding id's of the employees.

If your intention is to get the corresponding value of the selected id in multiselection dropdown,It can be achieved by using the below code snippet:

[c#]
this.MultiSelectionDropDown1.DataTextField = "ID";
this.MultiSelectionDropDown1.DataValueField = "Value";

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/71404/main.htm

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

Regards,
Vishnu.

VI Vinod January 31, 2008 02:38 PM UTC

Hi Vishu

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and support. Kindly find the attachment. I hope that is self explantory.

What we need is Once we select (by checking) the names, in the top the name is to be displayed where as we are able to display number only.

Help Requested

Regards

Vinod Robert

>Hi Vinod,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

Issue : Display the name in the box and on a button event i want to get the corresponding id's of the employees.

If your intention is to get the corresponding value of the selected id in multiselection dropdown,It can be achieved by using the below code snippet:

[c#]
this.MultiSelectionDropDown1.DataTextField = "ID";

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/71404/main.htm

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

Regards,
Vishnu.

window.zip

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team February 1, 2008 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your patience.

Issue 1: What we need is Once we select (by checking) the names, in the top the name is to be displayed where as we are able to display number only

i) You can display the value is box when checking the checkbox in a dropdown using below code snippet:

[c#]
this.MultiSelectionDropDown1.DataTextField = "Value";

ii)You can get the selected item value in button click event using the below code snippet:

[c#]
protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.Write(MultiSelectionDropDown1.Text);
}

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon