We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ColumnHeader text of selected cell had problem if visible column removed

Hello,

I tried this suggestion in other forum and it did not work fine if there are visible column(s) removed.
Please advise me how to get it worked correctly with Column indexing.

Dim Field As Integer = e.TableControl.TableDescriptor.ColIndexToField(e.Inner.ColIndex)
MsgBox(e.TableControl.TableDescriptor.Columns(Field).HeaderText)

Thanks and Best Regards,
Harry

5 Replies

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team January 30, 2008 12:19 AM UTC

Hi Harry,

please refer to the attached sample, that shows header text after removing a column.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F71387/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Srirajan

HA harisan January 30, 2008 04:39 AM UTC

Dear SriRajan,

Thanks for your assist.
It works fine with your sample since it is use single table. It didn't work as expected if there is childtable relation as in our sample project.

Kindly check out the file attached in Concurrency error in GridGroupingControl by Haneef forum, hope that you will understand and find out how to fix the bug?

Best Regards,
Harry

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team January 30, 2008 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Harry

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

please refer to the attached sample, that shows header text after removing a column in Master Detail Form.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/71387/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Srirajan

HA harisan February 1, 2008 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Srirajan,

I hope you will check out the sample code so that you can figure out the colindex problem. I have file submitted in Subject: Concurrency error in GridGroupingControl

Haneef proposed a code that seems good but I got InvalidCastException

Private Sub gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs)
Dim cm As CurrencyManager = e.TableControl.Table.GetCurrencyManager()
Dim dv As System.Data.DataView = cm.List --> error on this line

So far the problem have not been resolved yet.
Pls advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Harry

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team February 9, 2008 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Harry,

You can use the GetHeaderColumnDescriptorAt to retrieve the HeaderText and see if it avoids the error.

Private Sub gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs)
Dim style As GridTableCellStyleInfo = CType(Me.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel(e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex), GridTableCellStyleInfo)
Dim table As GridTable = style.TableCellIdentity.Table
Dim column As GridColumnDescriptor = table.GetHeaderColumnDescriptorAt(style.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex)
MessageBox.Show(column.HeaderText)
End Sub

Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon