We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to use ChartAxis.Range property or what is the syntax of DoubleRangeConverter?

Hi guys!
You've developed a great WPF chart library. I think to buy it for our company. Currently I'm evaluating a few similar libraries to choose one. Your is the best for the moment, but... Help reference file is lack of ditails. Every member has a place holder but no more. Shame on you! Hope it's just a qustion on time. When do you plan to update it?

My current problem is with using of DoubleRangeConverter class. What is the syntax of string to be coverted into an instance of this class?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2008 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Mike,
You can set the range of the Chart Axis using the following lines of code.

[XAML]

Similarly, you can set for SecondaryAxis also.

[C#]

ChartAxis cpr = myChart.Areas[0].PrimaryAxis;
cpr.IsAutoSetRange = false;
cpr.Interval = 10;
cpr.Range = new DoubleRange(1, 100);

Currently we are working on the user guide and will be available in the next release. However the class reference file will be available in the installation folder and also you can visit http://www.syncfusion.com/library to view online documentation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Asem

ME Mike Eshva January 28, 2008 01:09 PM UTC

Well, but what if I don't know in advance some of the values (min or max). In my test case I know the minimum (0) and want the maximum be auto assigned by the maximum value in the serie(s). Can I use something like "0,*"? Exactly "0,*" I can't use, I've tested it. But for that you need to make DoubleRange.Start and DoubleRange.Stop nullable (double? type). Currently it isn't. May be it's a desired feature? Don't you think so?

AI Asem Ibohal Meitei Syncfusion Team January 28, 2008 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Mike,

Use of * for auto range to set the range of the chart axis is not available in the WPF chart. Instead, by having the IsAutoRange property as true and RangePadding property as none, chartaxis range can be set from minimum value of chart series to maximum value of the chart series respectively and it will be updated automatically when a value higher than range is added.

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Asem

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon