We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

ReadOnly ComboBoxAdv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

7122 Sep 12,2003 07:01 AM Sep 14,2003 06:21 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Tools
Omar
Asked On September 12, 2003 07:01 AM

How can I make a ComboBoxAdv ReadOnly (i.e, the control remains enabled, but the selected item cannot be changed.) Thanx

Arun Srinivasan [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 12, 2003 02:33 PM

Hi Omar, Well you can do that by listening to the BeforePopUp event of the PopupContainer which controls the dropdown of the ComboBoxAdv. Arun

Omar
Replied On September 12, 2003 07:35 PM

Greetings, OK.. that was great. NOW the user can not dropdown the cmbo BUT the user can still write text inside the TextBox portion. I tried setting the cbo.TextBox.Readonly = True but all that did is to make the control's color as if its DISABLED and still you could write text inside it. How can I make the textbox portion ReadOnly just like a normal textbox. Thanx

Arun Srinivasan [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 14, 2003 06:21 AM

Omar, To disable typing into the ComboBoxAdv, you need to set the DropDownStyle property to DropDownList. Arun

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;