We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Use ILMerge to merge DLLs

Hi,

I would like to use the MS tool called ILMerge to merge all your DLLs (used by my project) into one DLL called Syncfusion.Utils.dll. So far I have merged the DLLs but I am get the error below when I used the new DLL in VS2005. Please help me resolve it. Thanks.

Kess Eburu

VS 2005 Error Message
---------------------

Error 1 Unable to resolve type 'Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core' C:\RAILCAST\Core\licenses.licx 1 ScenarioSoft.RailCast.Core

2 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team January 22, 2008 07:25 PM UTC

Hi Kess,

We are working on this issue and we will update you in one business day with more details.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team January 23, 2008 07:31 PM UTC

Hi Kess,

You can combine the Syncfusion assemblies in to a single assembly as you mentioned using the ILMerge.

But while doing so, you need to include the Syncfusion.Core in the project reference along with the merged assembly in the application(though you have used the Syncfusion.Core in the merged assembly). This is because the Syncfusion.Core has the licensing code to use the Syncfusion controls.

Only then, if you are using any Syncfusion controls with the help of any of the merged assemblies, then the licensing script will be executed and your application will be licensed for that Syncfusion control. Once you include the Syncfusion.Core and run the project, you will get a Licensing error message. Follow the last four steps in the below KB.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=35

If the licensing error comes every time, you can refer the KB from the beginning. Please refer to this image for how the Solution Explorer in my sample looks like.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon