We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

a bug about the TopLevelGroupOptions of GGC

Hi:
when the datasource of GGC is empty (exp. datatable.row.count = 0,and use databind mathed) and also use the following code in UI :

the page will throw a erro as "object is null"

my GGC vision is 5.202.0.25
how to solve this problem? thanks.

1 Reply

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 10, 2008 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Strife,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

When the datasource of GGC is empty and setting the ShowCaption="False" in UI, the page will throw a erro as "object is null"

I am able to see the issue of that you have mentioned here. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis.To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident with subject "a bug about the TopLevelGroupOptions of GGC - 70924" in our incident database Direct Trac.

However you can workaround this issue by setting the TopLevelGroupOptions with ShowCaption property in code behind side. . The following code snippet is used to achieve this behavior.

if (GridGroupingControl1.Table.Records.Count != 0)
{
GridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption = false ;
}

Kindly have a look at the sample in the below link which implements the above work around:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.2.0.25/70924/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon