We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cancelling ComboBox selection in GridControl

Hello, I have a ComboBox in my unbound GridControl and I'd like to have the opportunity to cancel a selection made by the user. The reason why I want to do this is because I have a combobox that dynamically adds fields on my grid depending on the selection. If the user accidentally selects something I'd like to prompt the user to confirm and give them the ability to cancel the selection if necessary. Suggestions? Thanks! -Paul

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 11, 2003 06:55 PM UTC

CurrentCellValidating is a cancelable event that fires when the user triws to leave any modified cell. So you could use that to catch a change. To get the new value, you use grid.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText. If you want to catch each change in the cell (without wating for the user to confirm the change by leaving the cell), then you can use CurrentCellValidateString. There e.Text has the value.

PL Paul Laudeman September 12, 2003 09:33 AM UTC

Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks Clay! > CurrentCellValidating is a cancelable event that fires when the user triws to leave any modified cell. So you could use that to catch a change. To get the new value, you use grid.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText. > > If you want to catch each change in the cell (without wating for the user to confirm the change by leaving the cell), then you can use CurrentCellValidateString. There e.Text has the value.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon