We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Notify of OnPropertyChanged inside a subclassed symbol

I have a symbol that derives from Group

To know, inside the symbol class, when one of my properties is changing, in a previous version of Sync I used to subscribe to EventSink.PropertyChanged, however, EventSink is now null.

Further, the OnPropertyChanged is not virtual, so I can't override it.

How, inside the class itself (without access to the diagram on which it sits) do I get notified of property changes?

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 9, 2008 07:43 AM UTC

Hi ERobishaw,

Thank you for posting query to us.

Please refer the following link in the online documentation that discusses the PropertyChanged events and let me know if this helps.
http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug_61/diagram/PropertyEvents.html
If I misunderstood your requirement could you please explain in detail your exact requirements?
Kindly let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Jisha

ER ERobishaw January 15, 2008 08:22 PM UTC

No, you missed the point:

inside class of type symbol (or group), I want to know about property changes.

EXAMPLE:
class MySymbol:Group
{
MySymbol()
{
//what event do I subscribe to HERE or what do I override inside this class, that will allow me (MySymbol) to know that some of its base properties have changed, like Size, Location, etc...

//In Version 4x it was:
EventSink.PropertyChanged +=new PropertyChangedEventHandler(OnPropertyChanged);

}
}

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 23, 2008 11:35 AM UTC

Hi ERobishaw,

I regret for the delayed response.

Our latest version (from v5.1) of Diagram is completely a new version and it has been fully refactored. These are mainly to make the control more stable, reliable and easy to use.

1. The PropertyEventArgs has been modified and separated into PropertyChangingEventArgs and PropertyChangedEventArgs classes.
You can find all the EventArgs classes in the Diagram.Base\Src\Services\_delegates.cs file.
2. The NodeCollectionEventArgs and ConnectionCollectionEventArgs has been moved and merged into a single class called "CollectionExEventArgs" class.
3. LinkPort class has been modified and please use EnpPoint,HeadEndPoint or TailEndPoint classes instead. You can find these classes under Base\Diagram.Base\Src\Entities\AnchoringPrimitives folder.
4. LinkFactory and NodeTracker classes are no more available with our latest verison of Diagram.

Also I have created a migration document that has the details about how to migrate the 4.4 version of samples to latest version:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Migration_64aab1e9.zip

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon