We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

custom properties on shapes

hi,

I have seen some posts relating to this but it is still not clear to me if this is possible.
1/
Can I create a shape (for the pallet - perhaps as part of a libary) that has custom properties so that when the user views the properties they see either a custom properties tab with these or the ability to hide existing shape properties and just show custom ones?
2/
Alternatively (and ideally) rather than show the propeties window could you show a completey different window for capturing custom propeties?

3/
do these propeties get saved out as part of the diagram XML so they could be parsed and then updated in a database for this diagram for instance?

thx

3 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 9, 2008 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Rhawk,
Thank you fro posting query to us.

Please refer the following samples in the sample browser shipped with our products:
{install drive}:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Symbol Design\CustomSymbol

This sample demonstrates how to customize the behavior of a symbol designed with the Essential Diagram SymbolDesigner by subclassing it at the application level.

{install drive}:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Symbol Design\DynamicSymbol
This sample demonstrates a programmatically defined symbol type that responds to user actions.The MySymbol class defines the symbol geometry, and handles mouse and click events to dynamically change certain display attributes of the symbol.The sample also shows the serialization implementation required for custom symbol classes.

Kindly try this and let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks,
Jisha

RH Roger Hawkins January 12, 2008 02:35 AM UTC

thx.

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 12, 2008 04:49 AM UTC

Hi Rhawk,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon