We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error on having two rich text controls

I get this error when I place two or more rich text editor controls in one web page

Multiple controls with the same ID 'SpellCheckControl1' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Multiple controls with the same ID 'SpellCheckControl1' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'SpellCheckControl1' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.]
System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +268
System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +340
System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +340
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureNamedControlsTable() +76

here is the rich text tag

3 Replies

VK Vinoth Kumar K Syncfusion Team December 27, 2007 05:45 PM UTC

Hi Jag,

We are able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. We noticed that whenever more than one RichTextBox control placed inside a single page throws error. To workaround this issue you have to use the Html Frameset. Attached is our sample for your references.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/F70704/main.htm

In our sample, we placed two RichtextEditor on different page and it was invoked by common page using HTML Frameset.We couldn''t found any other workaround other than HTML Frameset.

Let us know if you cannot use our workaround in your scenario for any reason.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Vinoth

JS JaiGanesh Srinivasan December 28, 2007 02:46 AM UTC

No I cannot use framesets in my pages, its restricted. I am just looking for some other alternative.

VK Vinoth Kumar K Syncfusion Team December 28, 2007 06:43 PM UTC

Hi Jag,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the issue in version 4.4. This issue has been fixed in our latest version. Can you please upgrade to our latest version in the below link for evaluating Syncfusion products.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Please download the sample from the below page for multiple RichTextEditor control in one page in version

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.1.0.34/70704/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Vinoth

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon