We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception when closing ComboBoxAutoComplete

Intermittently (twice in the last month) we get the following exception when closing a dialog that has a ComboBoxAutoComplete on it. From the little info we get from Google, this appears to be a windows problem. Has anyone seen it, or know of a way we can override that OnHandleDestroyed and eat the exception if it occurs? I'm assuming the listview is used internally by ComboBoxAutoComplete, although I don't see it in Spy++.

Thanks,
Mike

(System.InvalidOperationException) - Number of selected items does not match actual selected items.

Stack trace:

at System.Windows.Forms.SelectedListViewItemCollection.get_SelectedItemArray()
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

4 Replies

MS Mike Scanlon December 26, 2007 02:49 AM UTC

The SyncFusion dll version is 4.101.0.50

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team December 27, 2007 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thank you for providing query to us.

On analyzing the stack trace it seems that this issue is not caused due to our ComboBoxAutoComplete control. Could you please provide the complete stack trace so that we can analyze the issue further?

Could you please provide the sample in which issue is reproducing so that we could able to sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Jisha

MS Mike Scanlon December 31, 2007 02:25 AM UTC

That's the entire stack trace, the callback is being called by another thread.

The exception is not in SyncFusion code, but the problem is we don't have access to the ListView, so we can't override the OnHandleDestoyed and eat the exception.

Do you have any record of someone complaining about this in the past?

Thanks,
Mike

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team December 31, 2007 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your update.

I think issue is not because of the Syncfusion components and I am not able to find any past records regarding this.

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon