We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC PushButton event

Hi
I am using a column in a ggc to show buttons, I handle the TableControlCellButtonClicked to code the click event. This event is fired fine when I click on the button, but if I use Tab keys to select the button and press SpaceBar to click it the event is not fired??
Surprisingly the button appears to be pressed (down and then Up).
Also, I would like to add an image to this button, is it possible? If I can somehow access the control object may be I can try and add an image.
thanks
Arif

4 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team December 27, 2007 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Arif ,

Thank you for providing query to us.
Question1 : if I use Tab keys to select the button and press SpaceBar to click it the event is not fired??
You can handle TableControlPushButtonClick event that will fire when we click on the PushButton through mouse or space bar.
Here is the code snippets:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlPushButtonClick += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCellPushButtonClickEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_TableControlPushButtonClick);
void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlPushButtonClick(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlCellPushButtonClickEventArgs e)
{
MessageBox.Show("Fired");
}

Question2 : I would like to add an image to this button, is it possible?
You can handle the TableControlDrawCellButton event of the gridGroupingControl and draw the image there by checking the CellType. In the event handler code, you can use e.Graphics.DrawImage to draw the bitmap and then set e.Cancel = true.
Below is the code snippets:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlDrawCellButton += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlDrawCellButtonEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_TableControlDrawCellButton);

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlDrawCellButton(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlDrawCellButtonEventArgs e)
{

if (e.Inner.Style.CellType == "PushButton")
{
e.Inner.Graphics.DrawImage(this.imageList1.Images[0], e.Inner.Button.Bounds);
e.Inner.Style.CellAppearance = GridCellAppearance.Raised;
e.Inner.Cancel = true;
}

}

Please refer the sample in the link to illustrate this:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F70656/main.htm

Kindly try this and let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jisha

AE Arif Eqbal December 28, 2007 09:32 AM UTC

Hi there thanks for your reply.
for the second issue actually I would like to have the image over the button so that I can have the pressed effect. using this event actually draws just the image (effect of Cancel=True) if you do not cancel the button is drawn but the image gets lost.
Is there a way to have both, i.e. just like in normal buttons I have an image on the button.
Thanks

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team December 28, 2007 08:49 PM UTC

Hi Arif ,

Thank you for posting query to us.

One way you can do this by handling the TableControlDrawCell event of the gridGroupingControl and draw default pushbutton by using Renderer.Draw method. In the event handler, you can use e.Graphics.DrawImage to draw the bitmap and then set e.Inner.Cancel = true to handle it. Below is the code snippets:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlDrawCell += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlDrawCellEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_TableControlDrawCell);

void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlDrawCell(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControlDrawCellEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Inner.Style.CellType == "PushButton")
{
e.Inner.Cancel = true;

// //Draw the Image in a cell.
string sButtonText = e.Inner.Style.Description;
e.Inner.Style.Description = string.Empty;
e.Inner.Renderer.Draw(e.Inner.Graphics, e.Inner.Bounds, e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex, e.Inner.Style);

Rectangle irect = new Rectangle(new Point(e.Inner.Bounds.X + 3, e.Inner.Bounds.Y + 3), new Size(e.Inner.Bounds.Size.Width - 6, e.Inner.Bounds.Size.Height - 6));
e.Inner.Graphics.DrawImage(this.imageList1.Images[e.Inner.RowIndex % this.imageList1.Images.Count], irect);

}
}

Please refer the sample in the link which illustrate normal buttons having an image:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F70656_A/main.htm

Kindly try this and let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

AE Arif Eqbal January 2, 2008 08:21 AM UTC

Thanks SriRajan
Thats exactly what I wanted.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon