We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange Exception

Hey guys,

We are having an issue at a customer site with the Syncfusion GridGroupingControl. It is throwing an exception while trying to parse an XML string. Strangely enough it is only occurring for a couple of users, so we know that the XML is correct. I wrote some test code to reproduce the error as simple as possible. Both the code and the error are included below and the XML is attached, any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Environment info:

Windows XP SP2
Visual Studio 2005
.NET Framework 2.0
Syncfusion 4.102

Code:

GridGroupingLookAndFeel gglaf = GridGroupingLookAndFeel.CreateFromXml(new StringReader(xml)); _gccTest.TableOptions.ShowRecordPreviewRow = gglaf.TableOptions.ShowRecordPreviewRow; _gccTest.Appearance = gglaf.Appearance;

Stack Trace:

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (10, 22). ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Int32.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoProperty.ParseValue(String s, Type resultType, IFormatProvider provider)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoProperty.ParseValue(String s)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoStore.ReadXml(XmlReader r)
at Syncfusion.Styles.StyleInfoBase.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, Boolean wrappedAny)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderGridGroupingLookAndFeel.Read6_GridGroupingLookAndFeel(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderGridGroupingLookAndFeel.Read7_GridGroupingLookAndFeel()

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Burdett
Client Profiles
kburdett@clientprofiles.com

defaultview.zip

1 Reply

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team December 28, 2007 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay getting back with you.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/40102/main.htm

Sample video link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/SampleVideo1_9c99b582.zip

You can pass either TextReader or XMLReader to CreateFromXml() method. Kindly let me know, are you passing StringReader directly to the CreateFromXML method. Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution.

Regards,
Suba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon