We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

WPF Grid Beta

I was wondering when the Beta for your WPF grid was going to be available? Also, when the WPF grid does become available, will it support Excel cut/paste?

Thanks,

Paul

11 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 17, 2007 05:56 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

The WPF Beta will be available by the end of March 2008.

I have requested our developers about the feature you have requested and I will update you once I hear back from them.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 19, 2007 09:08 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your patience.

Our WPF grid will support many of the features found in our Windows Forms grid. However not all advanced features will be available in the first version. Our focus for the initial release is more on the product foundation, making it suitable, extensible and providing required hooks such that we can later add additional features. For v1 we will develop the base with these features in mind but with our focus set on core features.

Excel read / write is something that will most likely be added after we release the first version.

Thank you for your interest in Essential Grid WPF edition.

Regards,
Nanda

GA Giancarlo Aguilera January 9, 2008 04:37 PM UTC

Somewhere else around here it says the grid beta will be available early March, not late March.

I find Syncfusion's adoption of WPF to be lagging for lack of a better word, or at least not as fast as other vendors. I have to have a WPF app said and done by March, one for which I need an advanced grid. We have been with you guys throughout our windows forms development years and I must say the experience has been good; your customer support is great and so are your products. But what happened with the WPF? Now I find myself in a situation where I am neck deep using some other vendor's WPF grid and other controls (coverflow, carrousel views, etc...) and at this point there's no turning back. I would have preferred sticking with you guys for our current and future WPF needs just because why leave a good thing. But you guys surprisingly are behind the times. It was fun while it lasted

>Hi Paul,

Our WPF grid will support many of the features found in our Windows Forms grid. However not all advanced features will be available in the first version. Our focus for the initial release is more on the product foundation, making it suitable, extensible and providing required hooks such that we can later add additional features. For v1 we will develop the base with these features in mind but with our focus set on core features.

Excel read / write is something that will most likely be added after we release the first version.

Regards,
Nanda

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team January 14, 2008 11:09 AM UTC

Hi GA,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Our developers are actively working on preparing the WPF Grid to meet all your expectations. I will check with my WPF developers and will come back to you with an update as I hear from them.

Regards,
Nanda

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 14, 2008 08:48 PM UTC

Hi GA,

We apologize for not meeting your expectations on the time line for the WPF grid. We do have a solid set of Tools components / Chart currently available. The grid, however, is under progress and it will take a bit more time before we can release a beta version.

We are certain that you will be pleased with the resulting product since it brings to market a solid grid control that has all the attributes of its Windows Forms sibling. We really hope that you will be able to use the control when it becomes available along with our volume 2 release (first week of April 2008).

Thank you.

Best regards,
Daniel Jebaraj
Syncfusion, Inc.

>Somewhere else around here it says the grid beta will be available early March, not late March.

I find Syncfusion's adoption of WPF to be lagging for lack of a better word, or at least not as fast as other vendors. I have to have a WPF app said and done by March, one for which I need an advanced grid. We have been with you guys throughout our windows forms development years and I must say the experience has been good; your customer support is great and so are your products. But what happened with the WPF? Now I find myself in a situation where I am neck deep using some other vendor's WPF grid and other controls (coverflow, carrousel views, etc...) and at this point there's no turning back. I would have preferred sticking with you guys for our current and future WPF needs just because why leave a good thing. But you guys surprisingly are behind the times. It was fun while it lasted

>Hi Paul,

Regards,
Nanda

GA Giancarlo Aguilera January 18, 2008 05:18 PM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Is the first Grid version going to support row spanning/column spanning the way your windows forms grid currently does? Currently your windows forms grid comes in various flavors. You have the base grid that does not support data binding and then you have the data bound one. Both are awesome and we make extensive use of both. Will the first grid release support both unbound and bound mode?
Are we still looking at a early April beta release?

Also, what about the cover flow? Are you guys going to be provinding anything? If so, what's the timeline?

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team January 21, 2008 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Giancarlo,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you.

Row spanning/Column spaning:
Yes, the Essential Grid WPF will support these features.

Databound Grid:
There will also be a separate flavor of the control that is databound similar to the gridgroupingcontrol and derived from the cell oriented grid. We do however focus on the core parts, the cell oriented grid at this time since it serves as the base.

Coverflow:
We don't have this coverflow feature in the current release. However we will definitely support this feature in further releases. We are unable to promise you with a specific timeline as this depends on the priority of other core features.

April release:
Yes, our developers are working on making the beta out by early April.

Regards,
Nanda

DD Dave Daniels May 1, 2008 03:32 PM UTC

Is this still on target for release this month? We have been waiting a long time to get this and the release date has changed several times.

GA Giancarlo Aguilera May 6, 2008 05:59 PM UTC

wpf grid late again..still waiting..how much longer?????? it's already early may so are we now saying early june?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2008 09:37 PM UTC

I think several of us are waiting for this one. Can you guys give us some sort of update on the timing? Nothing specific, but tell us if we are talking about two weeks or two months.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 8, 2008 10:10 AM UTC

Hi everyone,

We are glad to announce that a beta version of Essential Grid WPF edition will be available next week along with the May refresh. The control implements several key features. Most importantly it offers excellent performance characteristics.

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion Essential Grid WPF Edition.

Best regards,

Daniel Jebaraj
Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon