We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What to do when installing VS2008 instead of VS2005?

Hello

Suppose that I have Syncfusion components installed with VS2005Pro. Now, I have uninstalled VS2005Pro and later on I installed VS2008.

As you can imagine, the components help files are not listed in the new MSDN v9.0, and the tool box does not contain the Syncfusion components.

What I must do in this case?

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 17, 2007 07:10 PM UTC

Hi,

The support for MS VisualStudio 2008 has been enabled from the version 6.1 (the latest). If you are using the latest version, you might not able to see these issues?

1. Documentation:
Are you using the latest documentation. Else, please download the local documentation from the below link and try installing that in your machine.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=70506

2. ToolBox:
Please run the ToolBox Installer utility from the Dashboard. You need to check if the assemblies are present in the following folders.
PublicAssemblies:
VS2008: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
Common Folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies
GAC:
C:\Windows\Assembly

Else copy them from the precompiled assemblies folder(C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.1.0.34\precompiledassemblies\6.1.0.34\2.0\) and place it in the PublicAssemblies folder and drag and drop them in to the GAC.

Please try these and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

SD Steven Domingue March 10, 2008 01:00 PM UTC

Does SF 6.1 support dotnet 3.5?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2008 02:15 PM UTC

Hi Steven,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you on this issue.

Yes, Essential Studio 6.1.0.34 supports .NET Framework 3.5. If you are interested in using WPF Components, you need to install the WPF Studio setup, which is available as a seperate build.

Please download the same from the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon