We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SplitContainerAdv Loses Controls in split Panels

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion 5.2. and I am having problem with SplitContainerAdv.

In design mode, the SplitContainerAdv sometimes loses the controls in its split panels, only show bank panels. but the designer generated codes still have something like:
this.splitContainerAdv1.Panel1.Controls.Add(this.myControl1);
this.splitContainerAdv1.Panel2.Controls.Add(this.myControl2);

when this happened, close the form and reopen it, Most of time, the controls will show up in the split panel again.
However, sometimes the above designer generated codes would get lost completely, I have to mannualy add them back.

Any ideas about this behavior?

Many thanks in advance.

Q

3 Replies

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team December 14, 2007 12:07 AM UTC

Hi Q ,

I am not sure of what might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. I have tested this issue in a simple application with Essential studio V.5.1.1.0. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. I have attached my test sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F70482/main.htm

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyze the issue further.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Srirajan

QS Qingde Shi December 14, 2007 03:24 PM UTC

Hi Srirajan,

I have found a workaround and maybe the possible origin of the problem.

The problem happens for User Controls placed directly into the split panel. once the user control get recompiled, the problem will likely to happen. However, if place the Microsoft Control, like the System.Windows.Forms.Panel into the split panel first, then place user controls into the System.Windows.Forms.Panel, there will be no such problem.

Wethere or not this might lead you to uncover the reason for the problem, it seem to be a workaround for me.

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q ,

I am not sure of what might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. I have tested this issue in a simple application with Essential studio V.5.1.1.0. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. I have attached my test sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F70482/main.htm

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyze the issue further.

Regards,
Srirajan

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team December 14, 2007 10:21 PM UTC

Hi Q,

I was able to reproduce this issue in v.5.2.0.25.l. Please create a Direct-Trac incident (mention the forum link in the subject line) so that we will fix this issue we update you with the fix.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Srirajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon