We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

LayoutManager performance

I've implemented a diagram control to build up an orgchart. I'm adding the nodes each by each using Model.AppendChild(myNode) . After I've added the node I'm connecting them using .NodeCentralPort.TryConnect(link.TailEndPoint);
All in all I've used the example from the documentation as basis for my implementation.

The problem now is, that it takes a huge amount of time for the control to build up the chart. In average a second for a node. This if course to much because my charts have some hundred nodes.

Do you have any idea how to increase the performance? Is it possible that the layout manager slows it down? When I'm disabling the layoutmanager it's a lot more faster?

Thank your for your help
Christoph

3 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team December 13, 2007 11:29 PM UTC

Hi Christoph ,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have spent some good amount of time and no such delay in loading the diagram document. However there is a known issue regarding loading the larger diagram that has more than 200 symbols and we are working on to improve this with high priority. We will do our best to get done with this at the earliest.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Nagaraj

CG Christoph Gasser December 14, 2007 07:34 PM UTC

Ive opened a DirectTrac item.

Thanx for your help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2009 06:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Is the issue with performance of layout manager has been fixed now?

I am using DirectedTreeLayoutManager to represent dynamic hierarchichal data. Since nodes get added on the run the layout needs to be updated pretty frequently. The performance is simply unacceptable? I have version 4.4.0.51 with source code?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon