We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Autocomplete in a GDBG

Hi, I have a colum in a GDBG with a ComboBox Celltype and I`ve specified a Datasource for it. The autocomplete feature works great but is case insensitive. If i have an ABCD entry in the Datasource and i want to type Abce for example, it completes until ABCe instead of Ab. Is there a way to set the autocomplete feature to be case sensitive? Thank you!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2003 03:21 PM UTC

There are no property settings that control this. You would have to derive your own combobox cell type. In your GridComboBoxCellRenderer, you would have to override OnKeyDown and do the autocompletion work there, respecting case throught out. You could try to copy and paste code from teh current implementation of this method, but I think it would take probably take some nontrivial changes to get things to work.

SA Serban Alexandru Florian September 11, 2003 09:00 AM UTC

I don`t realy have the time to do this... Maybe you will consider this in the future. Is there a way not to get the autotcomplete at all then? I just want the user to be able to select from a combobox an already existing item, or to write some other in the combo if it doesn`t already exist. Thank you!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 11, 2003 10:12 AM UTC

You can set the DropDownStyle to Editable if you want to type values that are not in the datasource. But there are some restrictions. If the DisplayMember and ValueMember differ, then the new value you type will be used as a ValueMember. So, if your ValueMember is of type integer and your DisplayMember is a string, then you cannot type a new string. You can only type a new integer. Again, if you want different behavior, you would have to derive the cell control. You can checkout the different combobox behaviors in the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells sample.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon