We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error when deleting contents of a docked window

When I delete the contents of a docked window (in form designer) I get this compile errors: 'BarTypeConverter' is unable to convert 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.Bar' to 'System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor'. 'BarManagerConverter' is unable to convert 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager' to 'System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor'. 'BarTypeConverter' is unable to convert 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.Bar' to 'System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor'. 'BarTypeConverter' is unable to convert 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.Bar' to 'System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor If I make the same changes but programmatically it works fine, but I would ilke to the design tool. The errors occurs when I save the file from the form designer.

12 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2003 07:32 PM UTC

Hi Per, Please take a look at the VSDemo sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Tools\Samples\Featured Samples\VSDemo\. I added a panel (with a TextBox and Button it) to it and tried to delete the controls in the panel. It worked perfectly fine, both when it is done with the designer and when it is done programmatically. We are using Essential Suite 1.6.1.6 for testing purposes. Please let us know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. I would appreciate if you could send us a sample that shows this behavior with step-wise directions for reproducing the errors. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal.

RH Ralf Huettl November 19, 2003 01:12 PM UTC

Hi, i have the nearly the same problem. If i add controls to a docking panel (any control) i get the same error message and my barManager is erased out of the InitializeComponent method? We dont know why this happens ? Cheers Ralf

RH Ralf Huettl November 19, 2003 01:24 PM UTC

Hi again, the problem is even bigger: If we set any property on the form or on any form control or if we add/delete any control on the form this error occurs. There must be a bug in designtime.... Greetings Ralf

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 19, 2003 09:23 PM UTC

Hi, Please refer to the sample attached here which was created using Essential Suite version 1.6.1.8. I could add/delete controls to/from the panels, change properties of the Form and the application worked fine. The BarManager did not cause any exceptions or problems. Please see if you can reproduce the above mentioned errors with this sample. If so, please let me know the steps to do so. Also let me know the version of Essential Tools and VS.NET you are using. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal. Syncfusion, Inc.

RH Ralf Huettl November 20, 2003 06:20 AM UTC

We got the problem. It seems to be a bug with licensing! Syncfusion.Shared and Syncfusion.Tools are in the gac. So if we set a reference it is set to (project properties) "copy local = false". If we set this two references to "copy local = true" (cause in a no touch deployment we dont want a gac installation) then the lic file is changed and from this time on the errors occur! If we change it back then the license file will be change again and then the errors are gone. By the way if you look at the lic there are several entries twice ??? lic: Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplashControl, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 BTIS.MetaDraw.MetaDraw, BTIS.MetaDraw, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2211cb25f760e370 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBarController, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.WizardControl, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager, Syncfusion.Tools, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89 So it seems for me a bug in the licensing process.... Please let me know what the dev team is saying. Greetings :-) Ralf

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2003 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Ralf, Thanks for the information. Please let me know the version of VS.NET that you are using. Thanks, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RH Ralf Huettl November 20, 2003 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Guru, VS is 7.1.3088 (Framework 1.1) Ralf

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2003 04:48 PM UTC

Hi Ralf, Thanks for the update. It is highly unlikely that this is a licensing issue since licensing doesn’t care where the assemblies are pulled from. We strongly recommend you to log an incident in DirectTrac in this regard and upgrade to our latest release. We will further investigate this problem and I will keep you posted on the developments. Also, please feel free to provide us with any other information that may help us resolve this issue. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 20, 2003 08:20 PM UTC

Hi Ralf, Another important observation here. The CopyLocal property value has no significance at runtime. At runtime, the exe file will always (immaterial of the CopyLocal property value) look into the GAC first for the relevant DLLs and if it's not available there, then looks in the localfolder where it itself resides. So in a no touch development scenario, you could always send the DLLs and the exe packaged in the same folder. Now the exe would pick up the DLLs from the local folder and hence no GAC installation would be required. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CT CT June 4, 2004 04:54 PM UTC

Ive found that turning ''copy local'' to false fixes the problem and turing it to true causes the problem. Im on v2.0.5.0 CT

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 7, 2004 02:39 AM UTC

Hi CT, Ideally the CopyLocal property needs to be set to false for all Syncfusion references required by the application. The CopyLocal property when set to true, pulls in the Syncfusion dlls to the local folder of the application''s exe file. Now the application''s exe links to these local dlls and not the ones in the GAC. When you upgrade, to say v2.0.5.1, the dlls in the GAC get updated to v2.0.5.1, while the dlls in the local folder of the exe file are still of the older version. This leads to a version conflict resulting in unpredictable behavior. Let me know if this addresses your issue. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

CP Christian Pogea June 21, 2004 03:59 PM UTC

hi, i''ve got the same problem, but turning back "copy local" didn''t fix the problem. i''m not able to change anything in the form, because at the next rebuild i lost all menübars, toolbars... i am using 2.0.5.0. i think there is a problem parsing the .resx file. i need a fast solution, because i can''t work anymore. every move on the designer will lost my menubars. best regards, chris

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon