We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to update database when drag/drop the appointment and delete the appointment

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

70343 Dec 7,2007 10:19 AM Jan 3,2008 11:58 PM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 2
Tags: Tools
kesavan
Asked On December 7, 2007 10:19 AM

Hello,

I dont know how to proceed the below two in the scheduler control:

I have changed the view mode to Horizantal and i am unable to find the delete the option.

1) How to delete the appointment from server side coding.

2) How to update the appointment into my database when I use drag and drop from server side coding and what method i have to call when i use drag and drop/extend or reduce the appointment date.

Regards,
Kesavan

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 10, 2007 03:38 AM

Hi Kesavan,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Can you please followup the incident 39561 in this regard?

Regards,
Jaya

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 3, 2008 11:58 PM

Hi Kesavan,

Please check out the response below.

Deleting Appointment

You can delete the appointment from the schedule control using RemoveAt method of Appointments collection.

The following code snippet illustrates this.

[C#]

Scheduler1.Appointments.RemoveAt(index);

Please refer the below sample that deletes appointment when ViewMode set to horizontal.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Schedule.Web/5.2.0.25/P39561_4/main.htm

What method to call when drag and drop/extend or reduce the appointment date. Updating appointment into database when I use drag and drop from server side .

Setting AllowDrag property of Schedule control to true, allows to drag and drop the appointments between the resources inside the control. AppointmentDragged raises the server side function when the appointment is dragged. You can write the code to update the appointment in the database using AppointmentDragged event as follows.

[C#]

protected void Schedule1_AppointmentDragged(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.ScheduleControl.AppointmentDraggedEventArgs e)
{
DateTime StartTimeOld, EndTimeOld;
int OldOwner;
StartTimeOld = e.OldStartTime;
EndTimeOld = e.OldEndTime;
OldOwner = e.OldOwner;

//Do the database update here
}

Please let me know if you require any more details.

Regards,
Jaya

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;