We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DoubleTextBox and minus

Hi,

I am using a DoubleTextBox. I have a bug in my stack states that the minus does not appears when the value is 0. Sound weird??? Not really because of the behaviour of the standard TextBox...

Suppose that the value is 0 and you hit the minus sign, in a standard TextBox the minus will apperar. So if you want to enter -8.5 for example, the TextBox will display -, -8, -8., and -8.5.

I understand how the DoubleTextBok work and like my client, I think that it not friendly.

Is it possible to have this behaviour with the DoubleTextBox?

I expect to have a DoubleTextBox that avoids invalid entries, manages the display and manages some exceptions like the minus.

Thanks for your support

Stephane

1 Reply

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team December 10, 2007 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

Standard text box gets the values as string, it does not perform any numeric validation. So minus sign will appear while typing zero.

But DoubleTextBox accepts the input values as numberic only. It validate the input internally. So, it is not possible to display the negative value for the zero value.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Regards,
Suba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon