We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion upgrade to 6.1.0.34

Hi,

I just upgraded from version 5.2.0.39 to version 6.1.0.34. However, when I load any Visual-Studio 2005 solution I have several projects that can no longer find the syncfusion references. I did a little investigating and discover the following line (of many) in all my .csproj files.

As you can see, the .csproj is still looking for version 5.2.0.39. Do I seriously have to go and manually edit all .csproj's and apply the correct version (6.1.0.34) or do you guys offer a tool that will do this automatically?

1 Reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 6, 2007 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

In order to toggle the specific version setting, the Visual Studio comes with a property called SpecificVersion. Please refer the following steps to make your project pickup the 6.1.0.34 assemblies from the 5.2.0.39 version.

1. Ensure that you have 6.1.0.34 assemblies in the PublicAssemblies folder(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies) and in the GAC(C:\Windows\Assembly).

2. If not, run the AssemblyManager of 6.1.0.34 from the Dashboard and install the assemblies of this version.

3. Delete the project output folders.

4. Open your project. In the SolutionExplorer, under the References tree, select all the Syncfusion assembly references and change their 'SpecificVersion' property to be false.

5. Compile the project.

Please refer the below image that shows this setting.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Install/specificversion.png

Your project will then look like this.
[csproj]

False

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon