We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Possibility to show custom properties for model

Hi

I'm evaluating Essential Diagram.
I like the property editor and how it works (showing the properties of the selected symbol).

For my application I need to show custom properties on the model (default font, default alignment and default color for all symbols).

This is not possible as all properties of the model are shown if no symbol is selected in the diagram.

- What are the possibilities to show custom properties of the model if no symbol is selected?

- Is it possible to show no properties if no symbol is selected? This would also be a solution for me.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Maurus

1 Reply

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team December 5, 2007 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Maurus,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion products.

Regarding Diagram PropertyEditor
-------------------------------------------------

- This control displays and and allow the users to edit the properties of objects in a Diagram.

- This control contains an embedded System.Windows.Forms.PropertyGrid that is used to edit objects in a Diagram.

- Object that the property editor is attached to. Once it is attached to a Diagram, the property editor automatically displays the currently selected object in the Diagram.

By setting the diagram object to Diagram PropertyEditor through we can enable the property window for that Diagram.
this.propertyEditor1.Diagram = this.diagram;

Please download the below sample from the link for displaying the custom properties in the PropertyEditor.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F70248/main.htm

For custom symbol and properties please take a look into this sample from the sample browser
\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\X.X.X.X\Windows\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\In Depth\Expander

Features:
----------
- What are the possibilities to show custom properties of the model if no symbol is selected?

- Is it possible to show no properties if no symbol is selected? This would also be a solution for me

For the above features, currently we don't have support. The behavior of Property editor is like our .Net Property window. If you do not select any controls in the form, by default it will display the Form properties. Similarly Diagram property window displays Model properties, if you do not selected any node.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon