We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion Formula with Text Constants

Following Formula produces returns "Test" in the Syncfusion Grid. But in Excel it returns Test.
I think the behaviour of Excel should be used.

=IF(true,"Test","tt")

I cannot use

=IF(true,Test,"tt") because now it searches for the Name Test which is of course not available.

Sincerly Markus Foser

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2007 09:00 AM UTC

Try setting this property on the GridFormulaEngine to see if that gives you the results you are looking for.

GridFormulaEngine engine = ((GridFormulaCellModel)(gridControl1.CellModels["FormulaCell"])).Engine;
engine.UseNoAmpersandQuotes = true;

MF Markus Foser November 27, 2007 11:00 AM UTC

It works but the CPU usage goes to 100 %
and my application doesn't respond anymore.

>Try setting this property on the GridFormulaEngine to see if that gives you the results you are looking for.

GridFormulaEngine engine = ((GridFormulaCellModel)(gridControl1.CellModels["FormulaCell"])).Engine;
engine.UseNoAmpersandQuotes = true;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2007 12:26 PM UTC

Are you trying to use the FormulaCell celltype in a virtual GridControl or a GridDataBoundGrid? If so, are you following the techniques shown in this KB?
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=104

You will need to cache FormulaTag objects in SaveCellInfo and provide them in QueryCellInfo.

The only other thing that comes to mind that might cause 100% usage might be some kinds of circular references.

Can you reproduce this problem in one of our samples or can you upload a sample with the problem?

MF Markus Foser November 27, 2007 05:36 PM UTC

I uploaded the Sample you have to press first Clear Grid and afterwards import Excel

The you can select items in the Drop Downs.
And enter a value in the Quantity afterwards, for the second entry it becomes very slow.

>Are you trying to use the FormulaCell celltype in a virtual GridControl or a GridDataBoundGrid? If so, are you following the techniques shown in this KB?
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=104

You will need to cache FormulaTag objects in SaveCellInfo and provide them in QueryCellInfo.

The only other thing that comes to mind that might cause 100% usage might be some kinds of circular references.

Can you reproduce this problem in one of our samples or can you upload a sample with the problem?

CS.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2007 05:55 PM UTC

Thanks for the sample.

I ran it using 6.1.0.23. I clear the grid and load the Excel sheet. I then select 3 or 4 items in Item column. Next I change the corresponding Quantity values to something other than 0, clicking off the cell with each change. Doing this shows not CPU spikes or slowdown for me.

Are there any other steps I should take in the sample to see the problem?

What version of our libraries are you using?

When you see the slowdown, are any exceptions being noted in the Output window?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2007 06:44 PM UTC

I tried your sample with the 5.2 version of our library and can see the problem in that version. The problem does not occur for me in the 6.1 code.

I will see if I can spot some kind of work-around to avoid this problem in 5.1, but it may take a day or so for the Dev Team to track things down.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 27, 2007 07:14 PM UTC

Your lookup strings have an interior double quote (inch mark) and this is part of the problem. 6.1 has code changes for better handling of interior double quotes.

But even if you remove the interior quote from your lookup values, 5.2 still has a slight pause as you type the first character. This pause does not occur with 6.1.

MF Markus Foser November 27, 2007 09:21 PM UTC

I think I will use 6.1 Version, yes you are right I used 5.2 Version.
Thanks for the help

>Your lookup strings have an interior double quote (inch mark) and this is part of the problem. 6.1 has code changes for better handling of interior double quotes.

But even if you remove the interior quote from your lookup values, 5.2 still has a slight pause as you type the first character. This pause does not occur with 6.1.

MF Markus Foser November 28, 2007 09:32 AM UTC

I read that 6.1 will come out of beta status in 2 weeks. Is there a specific date for it.
Or is this only an estimate.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 28, 2007 12:17 PM UTC

The final release should be in a few days (current target date Nov 30).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon