We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDF toolbar disabling

Hi,

In my project, we are showing a PDF stored on the web server on to web browser using inline PDF reader. But our requirement is to disable the "Save Copy" and "Print" options displayed on the PDF toolbar thus by restricting the user to just read the document.

We are planning to go for Essential PDF to accomplish this. Before that can you please confirm, is Essential PDf support such feature? if yes, which are the modules I need to buy.

What ever the samples you may provide, will these samples work with the evaluation downloads of SyncFusion.

Thanks
Madhusudhan.

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 28, 2007 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Madhusudhan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential PDF is a Non UI component which can produce Adobe PDF files. The PDF file that is created using Essential PDF can only be viewed using Adobe Acrobat or the free version of Acrobat Viewer from Adobe. By using Essential PDF, it is possible to disable the "Print" options displayed on the PDF toolbar by encrypting the document, but it is not possible to disable the "Save Copy" option.

//Document security
PdfSecurity security = document.Security;

//use 128 bits key
security.KeySize = PdfEncryptionKeySize.Key128Bit;
security.OwnerPassword = "syncfusion";
security.Permissions = PdfPermissionsFlags.CopyContent;
security.UserPassword = "password";

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Web/5.2.0.25/70075/main.htm

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon