We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Popup a txt file to download

Hello,

I used the Essential XlsIO to generate an excel file with some data inside. It works very well and the user then download the file while Syncfusion popup the file to download.

I would like to do the same with a simple text (.txt) file..
In fact, we give two choices to the user.. Download an excel file generated by syncfusion tool, or download a text file wich we fill ourselves with tabulation separator. But then you know IE does not popup txt files.. So is there any SyncFusion Tool which can let us popup such a simple text file.. Like the XlsIO does ??

Thanks a lot,

dym

3 Replies

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 23, 2007 02:25 PM UTC

Hi,

ExcelDownloadType option for opening text and csv files:

I regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support for this feature in our code library. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Regards,
Raji

DY dymezac November 26, 2007 02:33 PM UTC

Hello Raji,

Thank you very much.

I found an ASP.NET solution with "Response.TransmitFile"..

It was not a real problem since it is a problem wich is often asked when developing web pages (blame to me).. and there already are some solutions on the internet, to popup file (just changing mime type of a page and it works)..

But if one day SynCfusion permit to fill a txt file like it is possible for excel file, it would be great.. (for example, i give the syncfusion xlsIO tool some datatable and it returns to me the excel file.. if possible with a txt file, it would be good)

thanks again

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team November 29, 2007 10:32 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

We will get back to you, once the feature has been implemented.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon