We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Control Codepage

Hi,

I'm using Syncfusion's 4.302.0.30 edit control and I'm wondering if it is possible to select a specific codepage for a file to be displayed?
How does the edit control determine the codepage?
Is there a fallback for non unicode files and could this fallback be customized?

Thanks.

Yours

Christian

5 Replies

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team November 26, 2007 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential Edit supports code page for different languages like C#, VB.NET, SQL, Delphi, HTML, XML

etc. This can be accomplished in Essential Edit through the use of XML based configuration files. Configuration files control how Essential Edit interprets and displays text. The configuration files also support language based syntax coloring of embedded scripts as well as plain text. It is also possible to customize the configuration settings according to our needs.

Please refer the SyntaxColoringDemo sample available in the following path for more information.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\Syntax Highlighting\SyntaxColoringDemo

Regards,
Fathima.

DW dwedewdew November 30, 2007 09:21 AM UTC

Hi,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I didn't mean codepages for development languages, I meant codepages to support a different language like Japan, Chinese, Arabic etc.

Yours Christian

>Hi Christian,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential Edit supports code page for different languages like C#, VB.NET, SQL, Delphi, HTML, XML

etc. This can be accomplished in Essential Edit through the use of XML based configuration files. Configuration files control how Essential Edit interprets and displays text. The configuration files also support language based syntax coloring of embedded scripts as well as plain text. It is also possible to customize the configuration settings according to our needs.

Please refer the SyntaxColoringDemo sample available in the following path for more information.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.3.0.30\windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\Syntax Highlighting\SyntaxColoringDemo

Regards,
Fathima.

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 4, 2007 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Sorry for delay in responding. It is possible for us to create a code pages for different languages like Greek, Arabic, Hebrew etc. Please do find the sample that illustrates this in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/F69958/main.htm

I have created a configuration file for Greek language in the above sample. When creating a configuration file for unicode languages we need to set encoding as utf-16 in the xml file.

Please try this and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Fathima.

DW dwedewdew December 5, 2007 01:14 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm not sure if this solves the problem.

Meanwhile I discovered a method called "SetEncoding()" provided by the editcontrol class. Sounds perfect, but it doesn't work.
How should one use this method, e.g. is it possible to use it during runtime?

Yours

Christian

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team December 12, 2007 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Sorry for delay in responding you.

By default, EditControl uses ASCII Encoding. If you want to use Unicode characters especially some special characters in each language, then you need to call the SetEncoding(Encoding) method to change the Encoding to UTF8 or Unicode. The following code snippet illustrates this.

this.editControl1.SetEncoding(Encoding.UTF8);

Please let me know if any queries regarding.

Regards,
Fathima.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon