We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

SUBTOTAL Function results in ParseException

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

69912 Nov 16,2007 01:32 PM UTC Nov 19,2007 01:46 PM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 2
Tags: XlsIO
Bert Vanpeteghem
Asked On November 16, 2007 01:32 PM UTC

An unhandled exception of type 'Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Exceptions.ParseException' occurred in Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll

Additional information: Unexpected token.Unexpected token type: Identifier, string value: B2:B3 at position 12. Formula: SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B3), Position: 17

This happens when I try ',', ';', with or without '=' and on Value, Value2, Formula properties.

Can I make this work?

Thanks

Anonymous
Replied On November 16, 2007 02:09 PM UTC

if comma is used to separate whole part from fractional part (Decimal symbol in regional settings), then it is obvious that you cannot use it as argument separator. So you have to provide another argument separator for XlsIO, for example, semicolon. To do this you can call
book.SetSeparators(';', ':');

or
application.ArgumentsSeparator = ';'
application.RowSeparator = ':'

And use formula SUBTOTAL(9;B2:B3)

But if comma is not decimal symbol, then it is definitely XlsIO bug

Melba Winshia [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 19, 2007 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Bert,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

As Ami updated, please set IApplication.ArgumentsSeparator as ';' and IApplication.RowSeparator as ':'. And also, please use formula SUBTOTAL(9;B2:B3) instead of SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B3).

Please try this and let me know if the issue still exists.

Thanks,
Melba

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;