We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Data bound ComboBoxAdv: Dropdown always says System.Data.DatarowView

Hello,

I have a ComboBoxAdv that is bound to a data table. The DropDownStyle is DropDown, the DisplayMember property is set, and the correct data is displayed when the combobox is closed; meaning not dropped down.

When the combobox IS dropped down, all the entries in the list show as "System.Data.DataRowView".

How can I get the same display style open and closed?

Thanks!

Keith

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 16, 2007 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your interest in syncfusion product.

We can view the selected list using DisplayMember property. DisplayMember property is case sensitive,
So you have to give the correct name. If we give incorrect name then it will display System.Data.DataRowView
in the dropdown list.

Code snippet
this.comboBoxAdv1.DisplayMember = "place";

Please refer the below sample
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F69896/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Prakash.

KS Keith Steinbeck November 16, 2007 07:10 PM UTC

Prakash,

Thanks for the code. I was doing everything right EXCEPT I was setting the DisplayMember before I set the dataview. Oops.

A different issue: I have a MultiColumnComboBox on the same form as a ComboBoxAdv. Both are using Office2007 stye, but the style of item highlight is very different. In the ComboBoxAdv, items in the list are highlighted with a beveled gold bar; in the MCCB the rows in the table are highlighted in flat blue.

Is there a way to make the CBA look like the MCCB?

Thanks!

Keith

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team November 20, 2007 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Keith,

Currently we don’t have the support to change the item highlight color of ComboBoxAdv. We have notified our development team with this regard and we try to add this feature in future release.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,
Fathima.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon