We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom grouping

Hello there,
I have a big problem. I want apply custom grouping in gridGroupingControl.
1.I create class which implement IGroupByColumnCategorizer interface.
2. I create SortColumnDescriptor and set MyGroupByColumnCategorizer class.
3. Then I set sortColumnDescriptor into Grouped columns.
Grid create many groups. It means that all records are not first sorted.
But i can sort it because my sort algorishm depends data which are not located in grid. (For example all my records associated with some flags in database, I need sort it for my flags. First will be with flags second withot). In this situation I can;t sort.

We need for correct grouping. Our grouping create many gropus but we need only two(with flags and withot).

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2007 05:27 PM UTC

>>(For example all my records associated with some flags in database

If I am understanding your problem correctly, I think you can just just add an unbound field to the GridGroupingControl and make it not visible. Then in QueryValue, use the association you mentioned above to set e.Value to be the flags based upon the e.Record passed in.

Then you would have a non-visible field in your grid that holds the flags. You could then group on this field using the default grouping support. There would be no need for custom grouping.

VL Vladymyr November 16, 2007 09:25 AM UTC

Hello there,
I am sorry for my english. i try to write more understandable.
I have grid gropuping conrol. This grid have more then 40 columns. I want to custom sorting or gropung by more then 1 column. For example by 10 columns. In your answer i understend that I must create unbound field and set record into QuaryValue event. I think it will be work but it will have some problems:
1. I must create additinal unbound fields in grid and they will be invisible.
2. Sorting sign in header column will be invisioble. For example I sort one column with custom sorting(unbound field) and another with the help of standart sorting. In grid on standart column header wil be sign that is second sorting column but 1 sorting column will be invisible because it's sort by unbound field and this field invisible.

Please help me.
We need create custom sorting records in comparer or gropung without sorting.
I work with this problem during whole week.
I try to connect the syncfusion sourde code to my project but it's impossible.
I try ovveride some mothods in grid grouping control but solution was not found.
Please help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 16, 2007 11:31 AM UTC

I am sorry but I do not understand your requirements.

I think the quickest way for us to provide you with the exact help you desire is for you to prepare a little sample project using mocked up data similar to what your real requirements are. Then with this sample, explain exactly what it is that you want to accomplish with mocked up pictures showing the before and after screenshots of the functionality you are trying to accomplish. For example, this might be one scenario you are trying to do.

Scenario 1:
Before picture: grid displaying 40 columns
Action: Click on column header 'Abc"
After picture: grid sorted on the average of values in columns "XYZ" and "AAAAA" with a sort arrow indicator in header "Abc".

Another Scenario:
Before picture: grid at the end of Scenario 1.
Action: Ctl+Click column XXXX header
After Picture: See grid sorted primarily on the average of values in columns "XYZ" and "AAAAA" with a secondary sort on values in column "XXXX". Two sort indicators appear with the 0-triangle in "Abc" and the 1-triangle in "XXXX"

Once you have this sample and the screnarios that you want to implement, create a direct trac support incident and post the sample project and the scenarios you want to see. Then there will be a support engineer assigned to help you with your request. The point of you doing the sample is that what comes out of it will hopefully be relevent to what you are trying to do and the benefit of the techniques we suggest in your sample will be readily eviudent to you. If we continue doing samples like the one I posted abaove, I am not sure you will benefit from the effort.

One comment though is that when you start customizing behavior, additional work will come into play for you. For example, if you want to do the type of custom multi-column sorts that I think you requested above, and you want to see the number sort triangles in the header cells, then you will likely have to handle certain events and draw these triangles yourself since the default triangles are set up properly with the default sorting. If you try to mix custom sorting with the default multi-column sorting, the numbered triangles may not be what you want. This means that you would have to do your own thing to display the triangles as you want them.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon