We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Ajax DataGrid...Complete page should not be refreshed

What I want is that page should not be refreshed, only the GridGrouping in the CallBackPanel should be refreshed which is present in the page. If you could provide the way then that would be helpful

7 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 14, 2007 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Our Essential GridGroupingControl itself has built-in support for Ajax style callbacks. Callback can either be enabled or disabled using the EnableCallbacks property which is true by default. Once Callback is enabled, refresh operations such as grouping and sorting are performed through seemless Ajax Callbacks. This will refresh the GridGroupingControl and not the page.

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.2.0.25/69826/main.htm

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

AL Alex November 14, 2007 04:22 PM UTC

Hi and thanks for your reply. I already enabled callback property and it didn't work at all. I am sending you my sample code, it is in ASP.NET,C#.NET and MySql.
If some add the data to the database, I want it to be displayed in datagrid immediately. I mean it should refresh every 2 secs and get the instant data onto the datagrid.

>Hi Alex,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Our Essential GridGroupingControl itself has built-in support for Ajax style callbacks. Callback can either be enabled or disabled using the EnableCallbacks property which is true by default. Once Callback is enabled, refresh operations such as grouping and sorting are performed through seemless Ajax Callbacks. This will refresh the GridGroupingControl and not the page.

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.2.0.25/69826/main.htm

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

FinalResearchwithallfeatures.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 15, 2007 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

If your intention is to add the data to the database and to display the added data in the grid while grid refreshes, then it can be achieved by placing the GridGroupingControl in the callbackPanel and resetting the data to grid on the CallbackRefresh event of CallbackPanel.

[C#]

protected void CallbackPanel1_CallbackRefresh(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.CancellableCallbackEventArgs e)
{
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ResetTableDescriptor();
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowNew = false;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false;
this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSource = table;

}

Please refer the modified sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.2.0.25/69826_1/main.htm

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

Thanks,
Melba

AL Alex November 15, 2007 09:36 PM UTC

My webpage has two datagrids and 10 labels and so on. In this page i want only one datagrid to be refreshed automatically every 60secs so that it keeps displaying the updated data.
I mean, i have another webbased apps(different application) which inserts the data in the database...and this data should popup automatically in the datagrid.....The client should not know that the grid is refreshed so many times. I mean on status bar the progress bar should not be visible.

I used MySQL, C#.net, ASP.net and Syncfusion datagrid. Please feel free to ask me if you are not clear.

>Hi Alex,

If your intention is to add the data to the database and to display the added data in the grid while grid refreshes, then it can be achieved by placing the GridGroupingControl in the callbackPanel and resetting the data to grid on the CallbackRefresh event of CallbackPanel.

[C#]

protected void CallbackPanel1_CallbackRefresh(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools.CancellableCallbackEventArgs e)
{
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.ResetTableDescriptor();
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowNew = false;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false;
this.GridGroupingControl1.DataSource = table;

}

Please refer the modified sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/5.2.0.25/69826_1/main.htm

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

Thanks,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 16, 2007 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Alex,

The client should not know that the grid is refreshed so many times.

I am able to reprodcue the issue while placing the GridGroupingControl inside CallbackPanel. We suspect this issue to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix we request you to create an incident with the subject as "Ajax DataGrid...Complete page should not be refreshed - 69826" in our incident database Direct Trac.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

SA Santosh November 19, 2007 04:41 PM UTC

I received an email from Syncfusion about the issue posted last week. Now how can I solve my issue???

>Hi Alex,

The client should not know that the grid is refreshed so many times.

I am able to reprodcue the issue while placing the GridGroupingControl inside CallbackPanel. We suspect this issue to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix we request you to create an incident with the subject as "Ajax DataGrid...Complete page should not be refreshed - 69826" in our incident database Direct Trac.

Thanks,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 20, 2007 02:18 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

Your direct-trac incident #39181 has been updated. Please follow this issue in that incident.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon