When I type some text into ComboBoxExt (with DropDown style), the text is autocompleting properly. But when I want to get the selected value from the underlying ListControl it is still reflecting the old value. It is not getting set until I click the drop down button.
1. Run the slightly modified ComboBoxExtDemo(added more log statements and changed comboboxext1 to DropDownStyle).
2. Click in "Combo With ListBox"
3. Type "Item2" and tab out.
4. Notice that the list control selected index is still -1.
5. Now click dropdown button on "Combo With ListBox". Now the index is changed to 1.
It should change the ListControl.SelectedIndex and SelectedValue when the "Selection change is committed".
I am using VS.NET 2003, Syncfusion 184.108.40.206.
ASArun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 9, 2003 05:23 AM
We took a look at your sample. Adding the following line:
in your comboBoxExt1_TextChanged() event takes care of this issue.
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2003 07:18 AM
Thank you for the workaround.
But don't you think it is *VERY* misleading not having the listcontrol change the SelectedIndex/Value when you tab out. I think lot of your customers using this control, unknowingly, will run into this problem. It would be better to have this thing fixed in your next point release.