We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Treeview Template Itemdatabound?

I am working on a treeview with a template that has a dropdownlist in it. Since I cannot databind on the Listitem in order to set the selected item, I am wondering how I can do this? In gridview, I would use the RowDataBound event. Is there anything similar to this for the treeview?

Here is my Treeview Template:

2 Replies

KG Kathy Gray November 6, 2007 10:06 PM UTC

I am also wondering if there is a way to access this dropdownlist in the server code, if I have the treeviewnode associated with it. In other words, how do I ask the code for the dropdownlist that is in the template for a specific node?

>I am working on a treeview with a template that has a dropdownlist in it. Since I cannot databind on the Listitem in order to set the selected item, I am wondering how I can do this? In gridview, I would use the RowDataBound event. Is there anything similar to this for the treeview?

Here is my Treeview Template:

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team November 10, 2007 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1) Since I cannot databind on the Listitem in order to set the selected item, I am wondering how I can do this?

If your intention is to set the selected item with dynamic data binding on the asp.net page, then it can be achieved by following the techniques discussed in the below forum:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1156810/1901549.aspx

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

2) if there is a way to access this dropdownlist in the server code

Yes. You can access the dropdownlist in the server code. But for this you must add the control in the TemplateControl collection on the server side.

[C#]

//Create new instance of TreeView Template Control
TreeViewTemplateControl CalendarControl = new TreeViewTemplateControl();
CalendarControl.ID = "calendarControl"

//Add Calendar control in the TemplateControl collection
CalendarControl.Controls.Add(Calendar1);

//Add TemplateControl in the Templates collection
TreeView1.Templates.Add(CalendarControl);

//Assign Template ID to TreeView Node
Calendar.TemplateID = "calendarControl";

//Access the dropdownlist
this.Calendar1.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Lavender;

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TreeViewWithTemplat_28ea0b58.zip

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon