We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

I do not manage to unhide column

Hi,
I would like to unhide the hidden columns during an internal operation but although I pass the line
grid.HideCols.Item(colIndex) = False
at debug the property
grid.HideCols.Item(colIndex) remains set to true.

I use version 5.102.0.51. I need to solve it in this version.

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
ToDo

3 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team October 31, 2007 01:04 PM UTC

Hi ToDo,

Thank you for posting query to us.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the hidden issue in the below sample.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F69522/main.htm

Please have a look at the sample and if still the issue exists, could you please elaborate the reproduce steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

The logic for handling hidden columns has been changed in our code base to increase performance from version 4.4. A static property UseOldHiddenScrollLogic property has been added to the GridControlBase.

GridControl.UseOldHiddenScrollLogic = true;

Please try this and let us know if this helps.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

SO Sopen November 22, 2007 02:13 PM UTC

This seems to be a bug in the new version. I had the same problem with unhiding hidden columns as ToDo, using the same version (5.102.0.51).

Setting
GridControl.UseOldHiddenScrollLogic = True
fixed the problem.

Thanks,
Sopen

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team November 24, 2007 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Sopen,

In 4.4.0.51, there was a redesign of the hidden columns support to try to improve the performance of the grid with large numbers of hidden rows and columns. So this is not a bug.

If you are hiding the columns using grid.Cols.Hidden[colIndex] = true ( or grid.SetColHidden or any other technique that ultimately relies on the setting Hidden property), then instead, try setting grid.ColWidths[colIndex] = 0 to hide the columns. Before doing so, you would have to cache the colwidths so you would be able to unhide them later. The goal is to not use the Cols.Hidden property to hide the columns (using the setting of the ColWidth = 0 instead).

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon