We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hierarchical view of data.

Hi,

I have a requirement of hierarchical grid with two grouping columns. I used GridGroupingControl with datasource as DataTable grouped by two columns. In most of the cases, I need to display data in GroupCaptionSummaryCell from the datatable. I cannot use QueryCellStyleInfo event to populate the data in GroupCaptionSummaryCell since my datasource is a very big object and i requires lot of iterations and checking in QueryCellStyleInfo event.

I noticed Hierarchyview of GridGroupingControl with hierarchical datasets, Where my dataset contains a group of related tables to show in the hierarchical view. Please suggest the best way to accomplish my task.

Thanks,
Ravi.

2 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team October 24, 2007 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Ravi,

Handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event is preferable to to display the data in GroupCaptionSummaryCell. Otherwise, you can go for custom summaries that can be created by subclassing the SummaryBase class and by specifying the SummaryType as Custom. In the derived class, you can customize the CreateSummaryMethod in the way you want. It is the right place where you can define the way how summaries need to be calculated. You can then make this method to be called each time the summary is queried, by assigning the Custom CreateSummaryDelegate to the CreateSummaryMethod property of the SummaryDescriptor inside the QueryCustomSummary event handler. Optionally, you can also specify CreateSummaryFromElementMethod if summaries need to be calculated also for elements other than records.

Please refer to the Custom Summary demo sample available in the following location: \My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.2.0.25\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Summaries\CustomSummary\cs

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

RA Ravi October 24, 2007 11:48 PM UTC

Thanks Golda, I will use Hierarchyview grid to full fill my requirment.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon