We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Alt-Shift locks up application

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

69150 Oct 16,2007 02:46 PM Oct 24,2007 05:15 PM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Miki Watts
Asked On October 16, 2007 02:46 PM

Hi all.

I'm having an issue with TextBoxExt, where pressing Alt-Shift to change the input language causes the application to lockup.

The process is still running and background threads in it are still running, but the gui just stops responding. Windows doesn't mark the window as Not Responding however.

Tracing the exception in CorDbg, I see the call stack go through WndProc of the derived classes, through TextBoxExt.WndProc, and into the Windows Core, where it just stops.

Is this something known? what could I possibly have done wrong?

Rajagopal [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 24, 2007 05:14 PM

Hi Miki,

I am not sure what be might causing this issue of application getting locked up when Alt+Shift keys are held down. I am not seeing this happening here with TextBoxExt. In any case, if you want any keys to behave as desired, then you may catch the KeyDown event of the TextBoxExt and handle the keys you want.

void textBoxExt1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Alt && e.Shift)
{
Console.WriteLine("ALT+SHIFT combination keys held down");
e.Handled = true;
}
}

Here is a sample for your reference
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F69150/main.htm

Please update us a sample with more details on this that would help us to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rajagopal

Rajagopal [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 24, 2007 05:15 PM

Hi Miki,

I am not sure what be might causing this issue of application getting locked up when Alt+Shift keys are held down. I am not seeing this happening here with TextBoxExt. In any case, if you want any keys to behave as desired, then you may catch the KeyDown event of the TextBoxExt and handle the keys you want.

void textBoxExt1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Alt && e.Shift)
{
Console.WriteLine("ALT+SHIFT combination keys held down");
e.Handled = true;
}
}

Here is a sample for your reference
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F69150/main.htm

Please update us a sample with more details on this that would help us to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rajagopal

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;