We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Richtexteditor dont work and display image buttons on server

Hi

First , excuse me for my bad english

i am an evaluater of syncfusion essential tools richtexteditor control . i develope my sample website to server , my website uses richtexteditor control . i added the dll files that needed to BIN folder of my project . i follow the development ways that found in this forum . i am sure that all things right , but the control do not work at all and i attach the screenshot too

i dont get any errors anymore
if the assembly of this control must be in GAC of server ? :(

thanks alot

Iman

Sync.Essen.zip

3 Replies

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team October 17, 2007 12:50 AM UTC

Hi Iman,

Thanks for using Syncfusion controls.

Syncfusion assemblies can be referred either from GAC or in Application Bin directory.

Assemblies in GAC:

Register Tag in the aspx page should contain Version number,Culture and PublicKeyToken attributes of the assemblies if they are referred from GAC.

Exa:

Register Tag:
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Tools.Web, Version=5.202.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89"
Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

WebConfig:
<assemblies>
<add assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=5.202.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3D67ED1F87D44C89"/>
<add assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Web, Version=5.202.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3D67ED1F87D44C89"/>
</assemblies>

Assemblies in Bin Directory:

Remove Version number,Culture and PublicKeyToken attributes of the assemblies in RegisterTag as well as Web.config if they are referred from Bin directory.

Exa:
Exa:
Register Tag:
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Tools.Web" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

WebConfig:
<assemblies>
<add assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Base"/>
<add assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Web"/>
</assemblies>

Note: Uninstall the Syncfusion assemblies in GAC in this case.

Under Medium Trust Environment:

Syncfusion assemblies must be installed in GAC to work under Medium Trust environment. Security exception will be thrown if Syncfusion assemblies are placed in the application Bin folder in the case Medium Trust Application.

Please let us know whether this issue occur only when deploying the application in Server.

Could you please provide us the HTML markup of the application, so that it will help us to trace the issue.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

IG Iman Gh October 18, 2007 12:51 PM UTC

thanks alot Sureshsekaran

i do this :

Register Tag:
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Tools.Web" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

Web.Config:

Note: Uninstall the Syncfusion assemblies in GAC in this case.

but i still have problem

when i add assemblies in web.config file , 2 lines adding automatically in references in Properties Page and this two reference name has type GAC instead of BIN , before i removed assemblies from GAC by Assembly Manager Utility

thx

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team October 25, 2007 07:05 PM UTC

Hi Iman,

Your direct-trac incident #38305 on this issue has been updated. Please follow up for any further queries on this in your direc-trac incident.

Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon