We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Data Binding with BindingSource

Hi,

I'm using a GridDataBoundGrid. I have been using it for some time successfully with a filtering row enabled.

Today I wanted to switch to using a BindingSource instead of setting a collection directly on the grid's DataSource property. However, this has brought about two problems:

1. The filter row has disappeared.

2. The second time the BindingSource.DataSource property is set I get an exception:

System.ArgumentException: DuplicateMappingName
Parameter name: column
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBoundColumnsCollection.CheckForMappingNameDuplicates(GridBoundColumn column)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridBoundColumnsCollection.Add(GridBoundColumn column)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.bindingList_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged(ListChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList(IList list, Boolean metaDataChanged, Boolean applySortAndFilter)
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetList()
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.set_DataSource(Object value)

Any help appreciated.

6 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 15, 2007 07:49 PM UTC

Hi Lcd,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please refer the following forum and let me know if you are looking something different
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=43418

2. The second time the BindingSource.DataSource property is set I get an exception:
Try calling the InternalColumns.Clear() method before restting the underlying datasource of the grid. Here is a code snippet.

this.gridDataBoundGrid.Binder.InternalColumns.Clear();
this.gridDataBoundGrid.DataSource = newBindingList;

Best Regards,
Haneef

LC lcd October 16, 2007 11:01 AM UTC

Hmm, I need to take a different approach if filtering isn't supported with the BindingSource.

Is it possible to have a column that isn't visible? That way I can apply a filter to that column (instead of applying a filter to the BindingSource). I don't want the user to see the column but I do want to be able to filter on it behind the scenes. I can't see any way to hide a column in the grid.

Thanks

>Hi Lcd,

Please refer the following forum and let me know if you are looking something different
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=43418

Try calling the InternalColumns.Clear() method before restting the underlying datasource of the grid. Here is a code snippet.

this.gridDataBoundGrid.Binder.InternalColumns.Clear();
this.gridDataBoundGrid.DataSource = newBindingList;

Best Regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 16, 2007 05:51 PM UTC

Hi Lcd,

Use the GridDataBoundGrid.Model.Cols.Hidden property to hide/show the column in a Grid. Please try this code

this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.Cols.Hidden[2] = true; //C#

Me.GridDataBoundGrid.Model.Cols.Hidden(2) = True ' VB

Best regards,
Haneef

LC lcd October 18, 2007 10:01 AM UTC

Thanks Haneef, that worked OK.

One final question (I hope): how do I programmatically alter the filter applied to a column? I have access to both the grid and the filter bar, but can't see anything obvious to do this.

Thanks

LC lcd October 18, 2007 10:27 AM UTC

PS. I see there's a GridFilterBar.RowFilter property, but using that would mean I have to manually add/remove the filter for the particular column. Is there a way I can apply/remove a filter against a column and have the RowFilter automatically managed for me?

Thanks

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 27, 2007 12:13 AM UTC

Hi lcd,

One way you can control GridFilterBar.RowFilter property of the GridFilterbar to derive the GridFilterbar and override the GetFilterFromRow method. Below is a minimal sample that shows "How to filter the combobox column using the display member?".

Sample : ForumFilterBarDisplayMember.zip

Thanks for choosing and using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon