We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Creating or editing a edd File

Hi,

Im quite impressed with the syncfusion suite.
Currently im using "Essential Diagram".
Now the actual issue is...
I wanna create a new edd file that can be added to "PaletteGroupBar"
Can anyone help me in creating or editing the edd file

Thanks & Regards,
Sasi

5 Replies

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team October 18, 2007 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Sasi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You can create new EDD files using our Symbol designed which comes as an utility with our ES package itself.

Please check it out from the following,

All Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Studio [Version number]-> WindowsForms -> Utilities -> Diagram -> SymbolDesigner.

It is a very flexible designer where in you can design complex EDD diagrams and load it onto the Diagram control.

Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad

PJ Peter Jackson November 6, 2007 07:52 PM UTC

The forum posting below says that it is possible to create EDD files using the Symbol Designer. I have run this program but it seems designed to create EDP files only. Is there a way to create EDD files using Symbol Designer? Thanks, Peter

>Hi Sasi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You can create new EDD files using our Symbol designed which comes as an utility with our ES package itself.

Please check it out from the following,

All Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Studio [Version number]-> WindowsForms -> Utilities -> Diagram -> SymbolDesigner.

It is a very flexible designer where in you can design complex EDD diagrams and load it onto the Diagram control.

Please let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
Fahad

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team November 7, 2007 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Symbol Designer utility allows you to create custom symbols for your application. Any number of the symbol palette files (.edp) can be created with the required symbols.

If you want to create diagram ( EDD ) files then please use "DiagramBuilder" that is shipped with Essential studio in the below location.

[Install drive]:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\..\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\In Depth\DiagramBuilder

[Install drive]:\Documents and Settings\ UserName \My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\..\Diagram.Windows\Samples\2.0\Quick Start\Serialization

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Fahad

DJ David Jackson October 20, 2016 08:55 PM UTC

Awesome feature. Just what I needed.

Thanks loads

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team October 24, 2016 04:00 AM UTC

Hi David, 
Thanks for the update.  Please reach us if you need any assistance. 

Regards, 

Naganathan K G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon