We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Expand exclusive in Hierarial Grid

Hi I need to expand exclusivly an hierarial grid: When I expand a row I want all the others to be closed. ( In my configuration the clicked row is selected ) I tryed to collapse all rows in Expanding event - this made an expand in a wrong row. I tried to collapse the previous expanded row In Expanded event, this made the selected row point to the place that the Expanded row was before the collapse ( there is a call to moveTo somewhere in the mouse up handling ) Is there a way to achive the behaviour I need ?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 4, 2003 02:16 PM UTC

I do not know of a good way to do this. Attached is a try at it, but it uses a timer to position the current cell in one case where it was being reset the way you described.

AS Asaf Segal September 9, 2003 01:00 AM UTC

Thanks for the sample. Is there a way to avoid the flickering when selectibg the row with the timer event ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2003 06:42 AM UTC

I think most of the flickering is being caused by the currentcell being positioned and then moved. There is a DrawCurrentCellFrame event that you can use to avoid drawing the current cell frame. So, if you set a flag when you do not want it drawn, and then cancel this event based on this flag, then you might be able to avoid some of the flicker. But I am not sure you will be able to remove all flickering without a lot of tickering to handle things perfectly. Attached is a rough try at doing this.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon