We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to create a custom display of details?

Hi:

I'm trying to embed custom detail views into a grid. The idea is that the user can click on a row to pull down a custom detail view under the row. The view is not a table and many contain other user controls. Is this possible? Can you please provide some sample codes? Thank you!

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 4, 2007 11:26 PM UTC

Hi Stanley,

This can be achieved be setting the TableOptions.ShowRecordPreviewRow property for the grid to True. Below is a code snippet.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRecordPreviewRow = true;

Please refer to the attached sample for implementation and let me know if this helps.
NestedTable.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

HA Haishi October 5, 2007 06:06 PM UTC

Hi Haneef:

Thank you for your reply. Let me explain our scenario further - what we want is to display a list of information, let's say, orders, in a table. And when user click on an order, the row will be expanded to show more details of the order, plus some UI componnets that user can act on current order in-place. So my question is how to manually control the preview panel - e.g. layout, adding more controls, handling events, etc. And is this preview panel can be expanded/collapsed per row - some rows are expanded, while some rows are collapsed? Thank you

Regards,
Stanley

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team October 5, 2007 09:45 PM UTC

Hi Stanley,

By default, the GridGroupingControl show preview rows for all records in a grid. If you want to show current record with previewrows only (hide remainig preview rows in table), then you need to add a custom GridEngine as in this sample. Below is a sample that shows this task.

GGC_Autosize.zip

Please try the sample and let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon