We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cell format to text but change to standard ....

Hi,

I've formatted my cells to text but whenever I load a dataset with syncfusion the numbers are treated as dates and cells format are set as standard format.... how to avoid sync fusion to change that ?

Thanks,

4 Replies

GD gdo October 8, 2007 08:53 AM UTC

Any idea ???

It's an important issue...

Thanks,
Greg

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team October 8, 2007 11:54 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
S.Rajarajeswari

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team October 8, 2007 02:03 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products,

Please create a new Direct Trac Incident with the subject "68876-Cell format to text but change to standard " so that we can provide more information regarding this issue.

Regards,
S.Rajarajeswari

CB Craig Boland February 2, 2011 11:06 PM UTC

Has this been fixed? I'm having the same problem. I'm using Template Markers in XlsIO v8.2.0.18. I looked through the Release Notes of subsequent releases up to today, but didn't see any fixes related to this problem.

I must stress that this is a serious problem with the Template Markers approach. It's as if cell formatting is being ignored. I've tried formatting the entire column as Text, as well as various Excel formula/function tricks to force a plain text format. The only satisfactory way I can get the data to format correctly is to programmatically append a ' character to the value of each object property I'm binding in the ITemplateMarkersProcessor. And while this works, it means that I have to transform my data before exporting rather than binding to my existing objects. This need to transform the data first due to the possibility that some of the data may be formatted incorrectly invalidates the approach of using Template Markers. And since this problem has been reported by two other customers, with the problem still not fixed 3 years later, it calls into question the quality of all Syncfusion products.

I urge you to address this problem in the product or in the documentation. It is a significant effort to rework application code away from the Template Markers approach to a direct data approach.

"The unique advantage of this approach is that the end-user can have customized reports without modifying the source code of the report generating application." - XlsIO Template Markers Documentation

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon